The ukulele types will be explained in this post. First of all, how they sound, how they are tuned, their sizes and finally their appearance. From the smallest to the largest. Read the post!
Ukulele types and differences.
- The Sopranino is the smallest (also called piccolo, bambino, or “pocket uke”). This ukulele can probably be a bit difficult to find as this size is not common. (In fact, there are also two even smaller than the sopranino, the iuke and the nano ukulele.)
- The Soprano, or the Standard, is the second smallest. This is the original size.
- The Concert Ukulele was developed in the 1920’s. It is a bit larger than the Soprano, and it has a louder and deeper tone.
- The Tenor Ukulele was developed right after the Concert Ukulele. The Tenor have more volume in addition to a deeper bass.
- The Baritone is from the 1940’s and is different to the other smaller concerning the strings and tuning. A Baritone is “always” tuned linear.
- The Bass is from 2009 and is also not so common.
- The Contrabass Ukulele is finally the latest of the big ukuleles from 2012.
In addition to this some of the producers have types of the different ukuleles with a longer neck than normal.
Ukulele types and sound range.
The sound range varies with the tuning and size of the Ukulele. (#Ad)
The Ukulele types and Sizes and Ukulele types and Tunings.
G4-C4-E4-A4: The numbers indicate in which scale you find the note at the keyboard on a piano. Normally we say GCEA
Ukulele types – Shapes and colors
The ukuleles are produced with different looks. It can be like a mini normal guitar, like a mini electric guitar, pineapple or other shapes. The instrument is also made in different materials. In addition to this, they can be painted in all kinds of colors. Sometimes also with decorations.
Painted Ukulele can be a Ukulele of cheap materials, or just a decorated good Ukulele. So, you don’t rely know without looking closely.
Or this one from Amazon;
You can also decorate your ukulele yourself, and then you can get a ukulele with a very special appearance. One of a kind. You can also go to our Facebook page for a demonstration.
If you don´t have a music shop with ukuleles where you live, you can see some ukuleles here at AliExpress.
Here you have some tips before buying:
Normally the Ukuleles are made of wood, but you can also get them made of carbon fiber. Follow the link to Amazon. They can be used in all kinds of weather 🙂
This one is a bit extraordinary! Follow the link to Amazon!